Top Ten things I am looking forward to during The Summer of Jon
10. Eating three hotdogs each day while in Iceland at Bæjarins beztu pylsur.
9. A full day at the Blue Lagoon. (Slippers and robe included.)
8. Seeing Munch’s The Scream.
7. Spending some time in the Danish Design Museum
6. Visiting the Carlsberg Brewery
5. Taking the Norway in a Nutshell tour.
4. Touring Potsdam on bike
3. Walking though Vigeland Park (Froger Park) in Oslo.
2. Vienna’s outdoor evening concerts/movies at city hall.
1. A full day bike tour of Prague.
Top Ten Concerns/Fears/Obsessive thoughts
10. The exchange rate. There is going to be some weird money on this trip. The Icelandic Kroner’s current exchange rate is about 125 to 1. This sounds good, but I don’t want to have to use skills from my Algebra 1 class in 1850.
9. Angry German bakers. I could avoid German bakers altogether but then I would have to avoid German baked goods…not gonna happen.
8. Being on time. I will show up to the airport three hours before my flight just like I am told, but once I am on the road I don’t want to spend time waiting.
7. Italians walking slowly.
6. Italians cutting in line. Okay this can be anyone cutting in line. Getting off the ferry in Victoria last week I purposely stepped in between a family that was cutting in line knowing that they couldn’t pass through customs as two groups. There is a line people! Get in the line or I will get all Clint Eastwoody on you. (Not the talking to a chair Clint Eastwood, but the Clint that stares into the sun and spits on stuff.)
5. Heat. I am a delicate flower and heat will make me wilt.
4. Not being able to speak the primary language of any country I am visiting. Yes, I am going to assume everyone will speak to me in English. My multiple years of Spanish class will probably not pay off in Iceland. Actually, my Spanish is only good for laughs these days.
3. Being stuck someplace where they play Techno music.
2. Being stuck on the plane next to someone who wants to talk too much.